English & Social Studies Instructor - Appointed 2015
- M.A. Teaching English at a Secondary Level, Simmons College
- M.A. Children’s Literature, Simmons College
- B.A. Comparative Literature and Arabic/Islamic Studies, University of Michigan
Honors and Awards
- Honors Thesis: “Another Camel?!: Exploring Picture Books About the Arab World”
Activities in College
- Members of Students Organizing for Labor and Economic Equality (SOLE)
- Member of Students for Affirmative Action in Michigan
- 5th Grade Tutor
- East Quad Cafeteria Employee…best job ever.
Best VCS Moment
Meeting each new VCS student is awesome. I look forward to building many memories here.
“Sleep is good, he said, and books are better.” -George R.R. Martin
Interests and Hobbies
Reading (YA especially!), swimming in cold water, art museums, cooking, bubble tea
I grew up in Bennington, VT, and swore when I went to college in Michigan in 2003 that this was the last time I’d ever live in VT. I wanted more people, more things to do, and more Indian food. For ten years, I got all of those things — in Ann Arbor, Rabat (Morocco), DC, and Boston. I worked as a bookseller for a number of years, and went back to school to study children’s literature. Ten years later I came back to VT, though. I wanted to be closer to family, I’d missed cold, snowy winters, and because the physical place had clearly buried itself deeply into my being. I spent the last three years teaching at Green Mountain Union Middle/High School in Chester, VT, and moved up to Burlington in June 2015. I’m thrilled to be here, and have already eaten at both of Burlington’s Indian restaurants multiple times.